Thursday, December 13, 2007

Spicy Date Night


After being reminded about our nostalgic pop stars by the ongoing publicity about the Beckham family moving to the US, the Spice Girls being the guest performers in the Victoria Secret's fashion show, Victoria Beckham on Larry King's show and etc, I decided to pay to watch their reunion concert in hp Pavilion, downtown San Jose. I was fairly excited, at least I thought I was, until I saw throngs of teenage girls dressed like the Spice, middle age women in sexy dresses and high heel boots, all getting trendy to meet the fashion icons... I felt a bit out of place when I looked down at my Columbia jacket and my long black *sigh* pants.

Waited nearly 45 minutes for the show, crazy screaming had already started way back then. Just when I thought I lived way out of the excitement, the five pop stars appeared from the bottom of the stage, it was a nice opening with slide show of five young girls' pictures which turned into hot women, then there appeared the Spice Girls! The crazy screaming and the loud music made it very hard to hear their singing, I paid special attention to our beloved Mrs. Beckham's singing, yet to no avail. The screaming got even more impossible whenever during her turn to sing.

Despite having my concert moments ruined by the carried away girls/women, there were a few slow songs that actually made me live in the moment, as if the world stopped for a second, just swaying along beside him and enjoying the incredible special effects of the plasma screens. Overall, the concert was not all about singing, it was about fashion and it was mui caliente :p I thought I might share some clips with you all, hopefully you can figure out who is who in the small video clips. Enjoy...

No comments: